What To Say To Chick-Fil-A Supporters
Apparently, today is Chick-Fil-A appreciation day where those who want to support Chick-Fil-A’s recent anti-marriage equality statements are encouraged to eat there. Let’s point out the things wrong about this for those who don’t get it.
- “The CEO, Dan Cathy, has a right to his opinion and beliefs. Stop trying to prevent him from having freedom of speech.”
This isn’t about freedom of speech. No one is stopping him or anyone else from saying what they think marriage should be. This is about his company donating millions of dollars to campaigns that fight against marriage equality. What the CEO said simply solidifies that stance in favor of bigotry.
- “I support marriage as it is presented in the Bible. Marriage is only between a man and a woman.”
No churches will be forced to marry anyone they don’t want to. This has to do with civil rights, which is a legal issue. It’s a moral issue for many too, but if you can’t see it that way, that’s fine. It’s more important that you and others see that your religious beliefs shouldn’t control government decisions that affect others.
- “You shouldn’t boycott a company just because you don’t like what it does or the CEO says.”
That’s actually the exact reason why you should boycott a company.
- “I believe in Christian values and so does this company, so I support them.”
See the response to number two. Also, I’m pretty sure that Christianity isn’t about hate, which is what anti-marriage equality campaigns are about.
- “Being gay is a lifestyle and I won’t support that choice.”
If being gay is a choice, that means being straight is a choice too, right? I don’t ever remember making that choice. I’m just straight. If you ever had to make a choice between being gay and straight and you chose straight, you might want to rethink that choice.
- “You’re just as intolerant as you’re claiming others are by saying they can’t have their opinions.”
You’re dumb and that’s dumb. “Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice.” — Ayaan Hirsi Ali
If you have family and friends that are supporting Chick-Fil-A, feel free to let them know all of these things. Also, if you’re craving a Chick-Fil-A sandwich yourself, try making one based off of Hilah Johnson’s delicious copycat recipe.
27 Notes/ Hide
- radicalgeekery likes this
- cksaul reblogged this from silhouettes1 and added:
- sarcasmisfluffy reblogged this from rejigger
- imbeinghave reblogged this from kathleenthearsonist
- imbeinghave likes this
- indeedler reblogged this from interbvtts
- indeedler likes this
- juanozuna likes this
- phillykvetcher likes this
- phillykvetcher reblogged this from rejigger
- silhouettes1 reblogged this from rejigger
- meadowgirl reblogged this from rejigger
- ask-drunkonce-ler likes this
- interbvtts reblogged this from tootwistedtv
- interbvtts likes this
- tootwistedtv reblogged this from rejigger and added:
- tootwistedtv likes this
- reportergirl13 reblogged this from rejigger
- reportergirl13 likes this
- meteloides likes this
- whatiwrotewhen likes this
- anniemaim reblogged this from rejigger
- failuretime reblogged this from designerheart
- themormoncipher reblogged this from rejigger
- gunsareevil likes this
- we-send-starships likes this
- myslowdescentintoalcoholism reblogged this from rejigger
- airrazr reblogged this from rejigger
- inpictura-estpuella reblogged this from designerheart
- designerheart reblogged this from rejigger
- kathleenthearsonist reblogged this from rejigger
- unboundpage likes this
- thelucyrainbow reblogged this from rejigger
- goofybeardwoman likes this
- rejigger posted this